Why You’re Never Too Young to Preplan
You’ve probably heard about the virtues of preplanning. It’s a great way for older generations to organize their thoughts about their end of life arrangements, and to make their wishes known. You may have even encouraged some of your loved ones to take this kind of action. While you realize that preplanning is a good idea, have you ever considered doing it for yourself? If you’re young or middle-aged, is preplanning a good idea for you?
You’re never too young to preplan. It may be a long time before you need funeral arrangements or a final resting place, but that doesn’t mean you should delay making decisions about those things.
- Preplanning allows you to decide your final arrangements. Do you want a funeral with the body present, or a memorial at a later date? Do you want to be buried or cremated? Where would you like to be interred or memorialized? Deciding these logistics ahead of time is a good idea.
- Plan your own funeral service. This is not hard to do and can give you a great sense of comfort. Decide who you want to be involved in the service and the mood you want to convey. Do you want a traditional service, or are you more interested in a celebration of life? Preplanning also allows you to pick your own readings and songs, special services, and even mementos to be displayed at your service. It’s your funeral so you can make it anything you want it to be, and your wishes will be clear because you have put a plan in place.
- Preplanning allows you to relieve your family of some of the burden of making hard decisions after you’re gone. There are many questions that you can answer now so that your family doesn’t have to answer them later. When they’re already grieving your loss during a difficult time, it’s a gift to have those decisions already made so that they don’t have to wonder what you would have wanted.
- Preplanning can even save money, allowing you to lock in today’s prices for a future need. Funeral prices rise with inflation just like everything else, but you can protect your family from these rising costs by paying now and locking in the price. Even if you’re planning for a far-off need, it’s smart to go ahead and take care of it now, rather than leaving it for those you’ve left behind.
Here at Mountain View Funeral Home, Memorial Park & Crematory, we make it easy to preplan. We have an online preplanning form that lets you work on your plans at your leisure in a password-protected format that can be opened and saved as many times as you need. We also offer a free preplanning guide to help you get started. Of course, you can always call us to learn more from our caring and compassionate team, who are here to help you through this process. Call (253) 948-9895 for more information or start your preplanning.
- A Look at Samoan Funeral Traditions
- A Brief History of Eulogies, and Why They are Used at Funerals
- Answering Your Family’s Questions About Cremation
- Pre-Arrange Your Funeral Service With Mountain View Funeral Home and Memorial Services
- Advice for Inviting Family and Friends to a Funeral or Memorial Service