Tips for Following Proper Funeral Etiquette
People who have not attended funeral services in the past are often anxious about going to a ceremony, because they are worried they may make an inadvertent etiquette mistake. Increase your confidence about attending a funeral service by watching this video.
When you attend a viewing or wake at a funeral home or a funeral service, be sure to dress appropriately. Black or another dark color is usually the best choice, unless the family has specifically requested differently. You can send flowers to the funeral home to offer your condolences, or if the family prefers, you can make a donation in the name of the person who has passed to an organization they have specified.
At Mountain View Funeral Home , we are available to answer your questions about funeral planning and funeral services in Lakewood, Washington. When you need our services, please call (253) 584-0252.
- A Look at Samoan Funeral Traditions
- A Brief History of Eulogies, and Why They are Used at Funerals
- Answering Your Family’s Questions About Cremation
- Pre-Arrange Your Funeral Service With Mountain View Funeral Home and Memorial Services
- Advice for Inviting Family and Friends to a Funeral or Memorial Service