Our recent blog posts have discussed the benefits of pre-arranging your funeral and highlighted services that you should look for when selecting a funeral home. If you would like to learn more about either of these topics, take a look at the following resources.
- Explore the benefits of funeral pre-planning with the help of this National Funeral Directors Association resource.
- Coping with the loss of a loved one is an extraordinarily difficult experience. To find out how grief support may help you get through this difficult time, visit HelpGuide.org.
- For an overview of important funeral terminology and an outline of the funeral planning process, consult this page from the New York State Department of Health.
- This website is a good resource for advice on choosing a funeral home to help you lay your loved one to rest.
- This Sioux City Journal article highlights several advantages of pre-arranging your funeral .
To speak with a compassionate and experienced funeral home in the Tacoma area, call Mountain View Funeral Home, Memorial Park & Crematory at (253) 584-0252.
Pre-arranging your funeral services is a practical undertaking that provides numerous benefits to both you and your loved ones. Take a look at these advantages of making funeral pre-arrangements:
- Lock In Prices
Several funeral homes offer pre-need discounts and price lock-ins that can make pre-arranging your funeral less expensive. This can save your loved ones a significant amount of money and stress.
- Save Loved Ones Stress
In addition to helping your loved ones financially, you can save them a great deal of time and energy by making your arrangements in advance. In the time period following your death, your loved ones will be grieving your loss. By pre-arranging your funeral, you will spare them the added stress of agonizing over whether or not the burial, cremation, or funeral service details they choose are what you would have wanted.
By pre-arranging and paying for your funeral in advance, you can also enjoy the comfort of knowing that your loved ones will be left with no immediate burden of any kind when you are gone. This will allow them to reflect on memories of time spent with you and grieve your passing with the time and space they need.
- Experience Peace of Mind Regarding Funeral Details
Pre-arranging your funeral will also enable you to enjoy the added comfort of knowing that your funeral plans will be carried out in accordance with your wishes.
- Full Range of Memorialization Options
Religious affiliations, cultural norms, and family traditions are primary factors that incite people to choose certain burial, cremation, and funeral rituals. By choosing a funeral home that offers a wide range of burial, cremation, and mausoleum internment options, you can be assured that your loved one is laid to rest in the way that he, she, or you would consider proper.
- Catering Services
Receptions at which family and friends gather to honor the memory of a loved one commonly follow funerals or memorial services. By selecting a funeral home that provides catering services and space that can be used for a reception, you will be able to work with one provider for all of your funeral program needs.
Look for a funeral home with a wide selection of burial containers, cremation vaults, and even memorial stationery so that the funeral or memorial service you plan will exude the life and personality of your loved one.
- Grief Support
Grief manifests itself in different ways. If you feel that you are having trouble managing your grief in the aftermath of your loved one’s death, you may benefit from the free one-on-one and group grief support services that some funeral homes provide.